1) What is the most important role of BIOS?
A) loading the operating system
B) initializing Input/Output devices
C) initiating the microprocessor
D) running applications MIDI means
2) Which of the following is a special database that holds key information about your system including the device drivers?
3) The .DLL extension stands for Dynamic _________ Library file.
4) Which standard body created the cables and connector specification used to support Ethernet implementation?
5) On a Windows NT system, where would you go to manage shares to work with other computers?
A) Windows Explorer
B) User Manager
C) Primary Domain Controller
D) Network Manager
6) One important benefit a hub brings to the home network is
A) protection against virus
B) shared storage
C) ability to share files among connected computers
D) to protect computer from power problems
7) Number of hosts possible with address 192.168.1.4/32
B) thirty two
D) none of the above
8) How can you easily clear the CMOS, including clearing the password?
A) Unplug the PC
B) Unplug the PC and remove the CMOS battery.
C) Issue a ClearCMOS command from the command line.
D) This can not be done
9) Where does the motherboard store the keyboard controller support program?
B) Hard drive
10) Which of the following handles the interconnection between most of the devices and the CPU?